Join Us In Promoting Western Mass!
The mission of Western Mass Junction is pretty simple. Use digital media to promote the makers, sellers, growers, and doers of Western Mass.
We do so without relying on money from Boston or large corporate entities.
We also don’t believe in letting travel bloggers and influencers dictate how Western Mass is seen by the outside world.
We focus on letting those who make Western Mass what it is speak for themselves.
It’s also not just about attracting visitors or marketing the region. Our goal is also to connect Western Mass with itself. We want students in Amherst to know there are awesome hip hop shows in Greenfield. Young families in Turners Falls to know about festivals in the Hilltowns. Retirees in the Berkshires to know about the amazing arts and crafts scene in Holyoke.
Event listings will always be free whether submitted by the host or selected by us. All content is given equal opportunity to be seen. There’s no algorithm hiding things from anyone. All contributors to the site also get something out of it. Sometimes money or sometimes the opportunity to promote something of their own.
In order to make this work we rely on the support of local businesses.
By sponsoring content, placing an ad, and becoming a member you help us support your community.
We offer a variety of ad placements, sponsorship opportunities, flexible benefits for members, and the option to highlight events and business directory listings.
Please contact us if you would like more info or check out the details on the other side of this page.
Our flexible advertising options include:
- Targeted placements alongside dynamic, recurring, and evergreen content
- Ads within the footer of the site
- Placements in our email newsletters
- Exclusive sponsorship of specific content
- Sponsored email blasts for events (for subscribers who opt in)
- Swap out images with no fee
- Request to be placed alongside certain businesses or organizations
- First priority for event and business directory listings
Ad placements are optimized for desktop and mobile so as not to disturb the user experience on the site.
We use several metrics to match your ads with the most complementary content. Unlike Facebook and other scary corporate advertising options, we don’t need to rely on algorithms and sketchy outside data sources. We understand our visitors and sponsors the way only locals can.
All sponsors also enjoy all benefits of a paid membership.
Membership is another way to support the site and get the most of out it. Think of it like boosting every post on Facebook or Instagram for a flat fee instead of each post individually.
Member benefits include:
- Streamlined event submission (no need to enter contact info)
- Second priority (after Sponsors) for event and business directory listings
- Events featured throughout site
- A customized profile with all your content from our site, business hours, social links, etc.
- Boosted listings in the business directory for appropriate businesses
- Ability to post updates to your events (sell out warnings, cancellations, or just to hype it)
- Shout-outs on social and in mailing lists
Western Mass Junction also includes a business directory where you can list your restaurant, store, or attraction. It’s free to list your business, we only ask that you put a link to Western Mass Junction on your website or mention us on social or in your email list.
Members and sponsors get priority listings in the business directory as well as expanded profiles.
We have plans to set up an online store for local products.
More details will be added soon.
Please let us know if you want to know more.
If there is enough interest we will fast track it.